Welcome to Ipswich Electrifiers Speakers’ Club.
As a new member there is a lot to discover about the club and how to make the most of your membership. We hope you will find this page helpful in starting your journey with us.
Aspects of membership
You will prepare and deliver speeches from the Pathways educational program based on your chosen path. Your first speech will be the ice-breaker speech.
See below about getting started in pathways
Club meeting roles
Members develop many skills through taking meeting roles and we encourage you to take an active part in each meeting if possible. Over time you will gain experience in each one and may find that you have a preference for certain roles but here is the rough order our members will likely progress through.
- Timer : An experienced member will be on hand to support you
- Ah-Counter : Count our ‘ums’ and ‘ers’ and give a summary at the end
- Wordmaster : Set us a word for the day and look out for interesting words and phrases used in the meeting
- Topics Evaluator : Brief feedback for each of our topics speakers
- Topics master : Set us the Topics for our two minute impromptu speeches
- Evaluator : Provide feedback to a prepared speaker based on their Pathways feedback form
- Toastmaster : Manage the club meeting on the evening
- General Evaluator : Provide feedback to those who have taken roles in the meeting
The club aims to offer all new members a club mentor. Your mentor is there to listen, support and advise you in your efforts to reach your goals. They will also be able to explain various aspects of the club and the meetings.
Speak to the VPE if a mentor has not yet been arranged.
Getting started in Pathways
Pathways is the Toastmasters International education program which will guide you through your speeches.
Select your path in Basecamp
How to choose and register your path on toastmasters.org
Running Time: 2 mins
Mark a project complete
Marking your project complete after your speech
Running Time: 2 mins
Pathways overview for beginners
Live recording of a Pathways introductory session
Running Time: 25 mins